Honey Lip Balm
As a massage therapist, I became very aware of the harmful chemicals that are in skin care products. That is part of what pushed me towards beekeeping. I wanted to make products that were pure, simple and good for my clients and friends.
Lauren and I are proud to now offer our Honey Lip Balm for sale at various retail locations in Ruston. We also sell it online through our store and can ship it anywhere in the US. It will also be available when the farmer's markets start this Spring.
Staying true to our philosophy of simple, high quality products, we focused on including only the necessary and best ingredients for lip care. We don't use any preservatives or artificial ingredients. This lip balm is safe for sensitive skin and children.
Our simple Ingredients include:
- Our very own, pure beeswax. We produce our beeswax without any chemical treatments to our bees. We are a part of the Certified Naturally Grown movement and proudly abide by their standards. Beeswax is a great natural emollient, protectant and sealant. It helps chapped lips heal quickly.
- A little of our pure, raw honey. We use honey to help sweeten the lip balm slightly and for its wonderful natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Organic, unrefined coconut oil. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer and helps balance skin's pH level. It is also a proven mild sunblock and is used in many countries around the equator for that purpose.
- Fair trade sourced, organic shea butter. Shea butter is an excellent moisturizer produced from the nuts of the African shea tree. Also used in its native location as a mild sunblock.
- Organic peppermint oil. Peppermint oil contains menthol, which is good for the skin because it creates a cooling sensation. It also nourishes dull skin and improves the texture of oily or greasy skin.
So give it a try and let us know what you think!